EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION OF THIS TRANSLATOR
FIELDS OF EXPERIENCE
- Management (Public Management, Business, Investment Projects, Administration, Finance, Economy, Annual Reports, Correspondence, Newsletters, Catalogues).
- Contracts (Tenders, Insurance, Loans).
- Environment (EIA’s; Research Reports and Abstracts in Biology, Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture).
- Engineering (Industrial Processes; Architecture and Building; Alternative Energy; Water, Gas and Sewage Systems; Data Sheets and Technical Specifications).
Some translation samples
published on the Internet.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK BACKGROUND
- Fisheries Biology associate degree (Univ.Católica de Chile,
- MSc Biology (Universidad Católica de Valparaíso,
- Business Management associate degree, Manpower, Santiago.
(3 years experience + 5 years as a small entrepreneur)
- Licensed/Registered Gas Installer, Domestic Installations, Universidad de Las Americas – SEC, Santiago.
(20 years experience)
- Freelance Photographer & Writer.
(8 years experience)
MEMBERSHIPS AND CREDENTIALS
- Cambridge CPE Exam, Council of Europe Level C2: Grade B (78%); Proof delivered on request.
- Excelled in the competence assessment exam for translating from Spanish to English and English to Spanish covering Science/Technology;
Legal & Business terminology. Won the Tender process (Conicyt 2008)
Public Tender No. 1571-11115-LE08.
- Passed English to Spanish translation tests for: The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists (2012); EpicTranslations-UN
tender (2009); and CCJK Agency (2013).
- Passed the background assessment for translating from English into Spanish, Proz.com Certified PRO program (2009): Certificate
- Passed the admission exam, translating from English to Spanish, Chilean association of translators and interpreters (Cotich),
2010. Terminated membership in 2011 due to the lack of democratic safeguards.
- Member of many international translators communities and LinkedIn translators' groups.
- Chilean Gas Safe Register (Chilean Superintendent for Electricity and Fuels, www.sec.cl).
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- “Subtitling Workshop”, César Añasco, II Conferencia de Proz.com en Chile, August 21-22, 2009.
- Most virtual and local Proz.com translation conferences (9) from 2009 to 2012.
- “A comparison of translation memory tools” Proz.com Webinar, 12th January 2010.
- International Conferences on Biomass (Bioenergy), FAO/CEPAL, Santiago, Chile, 2010-2012.
- International Aquaculture Symposium (SIA 2012), USACH, Santiago, Chile, 2012.
- Selftaught in HTML, PHP, CSS, Joomla (CMS), website development & optimization, SERP, SEO and online marketing.